I wanted to respond to a few private comments I have received regarding my most recent post on the gift of an elephant…
- I love elephants – both the animal and the type of gift they represent. I think they’re great creatures, one of my favorites actually, which is why I pick on them a lot in this blog.
- I am much better at giving, then receiving… but I’m working on it (let the psychoanalysis begin!)
- When you are disadvantaged at receiving gifts (meaning it makes you uncomfortable) being given an elephant is really really hard. (Again… I’m working on it!)
- If you personally want to give someone an elephant I say “Go for it!”
- If you personally want to give me an elephant I say “Go for it!” I have a decent sized backyard I (not huge, not small) that could happily fit one elephant. It needs fertilizing. I think the elephant could really help out! (It’s a bit cold right now though and I don’t have a place in the house to happily keep an elephant…)
- If I offended anyone by suggesting I was unhappy about the offer of elephants I want to apologize. I recognize the gift and the spirit it is given in. I am just uncomfortable with the size of the gift (refer to #2 and #3).
- And finally… please refer back to #4 and #5. I think that’s the most important thing in her. Go give an elephant to someone if it makes you happy!
Thanks again for reading! Anyone received or given an elephant lately??