If I were my own best friend I would remind myself…
I am grateful for:
- salads for dinner (so easy)
- clean sheets on the bed (so soft)
- a warm towel fresh from the dryer (so warm)
- the smell of fresh peaches (so delicious)
- hazel-green eyes in the sunlight (s0 comforting)
*** I love thinking about the five senses and trying to do something that engages each of them in a pleasant way each day – sight, taste, touch, smell, and sound. On the day I wrote this I managed to be thankful for color (sight), taste (salads), touch (warm towels), peaches (smell), and missed sound. If I had the opportunity to add an addendum it would be: I am grateful for jazz.
Think about what makes your senses sing?? Have you engaged all five of them today?